It's already Tuesday, but I've still got a "case of the Mondays." I guess it's kind of like a hangover without the liver damage. After my month -long winter break during which I promised myself to make the most of this final semester in Taiwan, I find myself sliding back into my old habits and attitudes; it seems that the good will and positive thinking built up over a month of seeing old friends, travel and meditation depletes itself pretty quickly.
I know that giving thanks is usually an activity reserved for Thanksgiving, but it seems like an appropriate time to take stock of the little things that bring me joy out here.
1. The Internet: thank you for bringing me Skype, GChat, the online graduate school application and The New Yorker.
2. My roommates: Good company goes a long way, and luckily for me, good company is never far away.
3. Emails from Paul: "so i spent valentines day [at my sister's college] with my mom; it was nice to know you are never too gay to be oedipal."
4. Employment: the only thing worse than being employed is being unemployed. Truth.
5. Coworkers who send me photos like this: